As a result of conversations with our customers, we can tell that the biggest issues in enterprise mobility are:
- Back-end integration
- Security of mobile apps
Time-to-market is perhaps the number one issue. Demand for new and updated mobile apps is outstripping the capacity and capabilities of the IT organization, creating a backup. Competitive pressures, the launch of new products, the need to update existing applications, and new platform releases are all creating an increase in the demand for mobile apps. This is such a significant issue for businesses that many line-of-business executives are building their own mobile development teams or outsourcing development projects. We hear horror stories about outdated apps sitting in app stores waiting to be updated. Or, about the need to port existing iOS apps to Android. It’s a never-ending story.
Back-end integration has always been a challenge in enterprise development. How do you integrate with all the legacy back-end systems? And, with the advent of mobile and the cloud, integration can be even more complex. Apps need to integrate not only to systems within the enterprise, but also services that are in the cloud – everything from enterprise SaaS systems to social networks.
Fortunately, Appery.io addresses these challenges well. Appery.io was designed to accelerate mobile innovation in the enterprise. It addresses the time-to-market concerns with:
- A rapid development environment: you can develop a complete app using drag-and-drop, but, unlike alternative visual tools, Appery.io gives you access to the underlying code to give developers complete flexibility
- Cloud-based: Appery.io can be adopted fast as there is nothing to download or install. Just point your browser to the platform and start developing.
It simplifies back-end integration with:
- A catalog of prebuilt plug-ins for cloud services and enterprise systems such as Salesforce.com
- RESTXpress, software to securely integrate to enterprise systems behind the firewall, including any JDBC database or application that supports web services
- Rapid integration to any REST API, using a visual interface that self-learns new APIs in seconds
It supports building secure mobile apps with:
- MobileSafe, a feature that provides maximum security for mobile apps. The app runs in a secure cache and integrates with a secure server, all within an unbreakable level of encryption (AES 256)
- Both the data and the app code are secure when using MobileSafe
That’s how Appery.io addresses the top three issues with enterprise mobility today. It enables enterprises to innovate fast to meet aggressive time-to-market demands, simplifies the process of back-end integration, and supports the deployment of highly secure apps.
This article was originally posted on the Appery.io blog as Addressing the Top 3 Issues with Enterprise Mobility Today.